torsdag 27. januar 2011

Streptocarpus

Such a brilliant little flower which has almost orchid status for me. Just before Christmas we had freezing temperatures in Oslo. One of my favorite shops www.mestergronn.no had this flower but I did not buy it in fear of it not surviving the trip home (-22 degree C that day) It has also the most amazing foliage which makes packing in really tricky! Hope they manage to get this gem of a plant in again. This picture borrowed from http://www.gesneriads.ca/strep271.htm 


On a little hiking trip in a beautiful place called Nature`s Valley in the Eastern Cape I found this little gem growing on hard stoney ground right next to our path. It is just as exciting seeing it in it real habitat! I love the Eastern cape for exactly that reason! 
Cape Primrose

1 kommentar: